Dates01/02/2024 - 01/22/2024
Creating positive impressions of changing bodies.
Body Basics provides the information and support youth need to understand the physical and emotional changes associated with puberty. In a fun, supportive, and open environment, students connect with each other while sharing their thoughts, feelings, and experiences together. This type of honest sharing normalizes puberty so youth know that they are not alone as they are changing.
Topics Discussed Include
- Changes in body shape and size (weight/height/breast development)
- Looks labels and how they can affect how we see our bodies
- Hormones and brain changes
- Ovulation and menstruation
- Learning about the reproductive system
- Familiarization with menstrual products
- Time Together at home: Parenting adults and youth talk about the changes associated with puberty using a series of questions and conversation prompts.
- Class Size: 6-8 students
- Session Structure: 6 classes, 1½ hours each, once a week on rotating days
- Includes: 1.5 hour virtual parent education Meeting
- Cost: $275
Wednesday, December 13, 6:30pm-8:00pm
If you are a Siskiyou School parent, this meeting conflicts with the Winter Assembly. If this is the session you want, register for it as I am creating a separate parent meeting for you.
At least one parent or guardian must attend the Zoom parent meeting in order for the student to participate in classes. All parenting adults are invited to attend.
All classes are from 3:45pm-5:15pm
Karen O’Dougherty teaches this class in person at the Clubhouse in Ashland.
Tuesday, Jan. 2
Thursday, Jan. 4
Tuesday, Jan. 9
Friday, Jan. 12
Wednesday, Jan. 17
Monday, Jan. 22
Register**All major credit cards and checks accepted. Fill in your info below, then select your payment method from the drop down where it says 'Pay With' below. If you would like to pay with Cash or Check, select 'Pay Offline' and we will contact you to arrange payment.
Bookings are closed for this event.