Creating positive impressions of changing bodies.
Body Basics provides the information and support youth need to understand the physical and emotional changes associated with puberty. In a fun, supportive, and open environment, students connect with each other while sharing their thoughts, feelings, and experiences together. This type of honest sharing normalizes puberty so youth know that they are not alone as they are changing.
Topics Discussed Include
- Changes in body shape and size (weight/height/breast development)
- Looks labels and how they can affect how we see our bodies
- Hormones and brain changes
- Ovulation and menstruation
- Learning about the reproductive system
- Familiarization with menstrual products
- Time Together at home: Parenting adults and youth talk about the changes associated with puberty using a series of questions and conversation prompts.
- Class Size: 6-8 students
- Session Structure: 6 classes, 1½ hours each, once or twice/week on rotating days
- Includes: 1.5 hour virtual parent education Meeting
- Cost: $275
- [GIRLS] Winter 2023 Body Basics 5th Grade: Session #2 01/10/2023 - 01/30/2023
- [GIRLS] Winter 2023 Body Basics 5th Grade: Session #3 02/14/2023 - 03/02/2023
- [GIRLS] Winter 2023 Body Basics 5th Grade: Session #4 03/01/2023 - 03/16/2023