Cultivating body awareness and confidence through healthy body care and positive attitudes.
Body Care Basics brings awareness to the importance and value of healthy physical body connection and care and how self-esteem affects how youth feel about their bodies. We examine the ways media and society present messages that can challenge body confidence and learn skills and techniques to boost and protect body connection, body confidence and self-image.
Topics Discussed Include
- Basic body care
- What about privacy and why it is so important
- Body confidence smashers and builders
- What about makeup?
- Self-esteem boosters
- The Self-Esteem Stairway
- Body Confidence Meter
- Creating Body Intentions
- The Great and Hard Things About Being a 6th Grader
- Time Together at home: Parenting adults and youth discuss and share body topics such as makeup and body care routines and product safety
- Class Size: 6-8 students
- Session Structure: 6 classes, 1½ hours each, once or twice/week on rotating days
- Includes: 1.5 hour virtual parent education Meeting
- Cost: $275
- [GIRLS] Winter 2024 Body Care Basics 6th Grade: Session #3 02/08/2024 - 03/11/2024