Dates05/23/2022 - 06/08/2022
Preparing for how bodies can change during puberty while learning about thoughts and feelings.
Before Body Basics playfully and age-appropriately introduces youth to how their bodies, thoughts and feelings may be changing as they prepare to go through puberty. Students will acknowledge their places of support and guidance in preparation for puberty, building confidence and trust.
Topics Discussed Include:
- What is puberty? What is adolescence?
- Changing bodies are normal! What to expect.
- What is a thought? What is a feeling?
- Respecting all bodies types rocks!
- Creating group agreements
- Positive Adolescence Maps
- Amazing facts about changing bodies!
- The Story of Betty and Reproductive System Rita
- Back Up Your Buzz!
- Time Together at home: Conversations and activities connecting parenting adults with their youth, supporting a positive foundation for her journey through puberty.
- Class Size: 6-8 students
- Session Structure: 6 classes, 1 1/4 hours each, twice a week
- Includes: 1.5 hour virtual parent education meeting
- Cost: $275
Wednesday, May 18 6:30pm-8:00pm
At least one parent or guardian must attend the Zoom parent meeting in order for the student to participate in classes. All parenting adults are invited to attend.
All classes are from 3:45pm-5:00pm. Karen O’Dougherty teaches this series of classes.
This class series meets in-person at the Clubhouse in Ashland.
Monday, May 23
Thursday, May 26
Tuesday, May 31
Monday, June 6
Wednesday, June 8
Register**All major credit cards and checks accepted. Fill in your info below, then select your payment method from the drop down where it says 'Pay With' below. If you would like to pay with Cash or Check, select 'Pay Offline' and we will contact you to arrange payment.
Bookings are closed for this event.