Dates04/19/2022 - 05/24/2022
Creating positive impressions of changing bodies.
Body Basics provides the information and support youth need to understand the physical and emotional changes associated with puberty. In a fun, supportive, and open environment, students connect with each other while sharing their thoughts, feelings, and experiences together. This type of honest sharing normalizes puberty so youth know that they are not alone as they are changing.
Topics Discussed Include
- Changes in body shape and size (weight/height/breast development)
- Looks labels and how they can affect how we see our bodies
- Hormones and brain changes
- Ovulation and menstruation
- Learning about the reproductive system
- Familiarization with menstrual products
- Time Together at home: Parenting adults and youth talk about the changes associated with puberty using a series of questions and conversation prompts.
- Class Size: 6-8 students
- Session Structure: 6 classes, 1½ hours each, once a week on rotating days
- Includes: 1.5 hour virtual parent education Meeting
- Cost: $275
Tuesday, April 5, 6:30pm-8:00pm
At least one parent or guardian must attend the Zoom parent meeting in order for the student to participate in classes. All parenting adults are invited to attend.
All classes are from 3:45pm-5:15pm. Karen O’Dougherty teaches this class.
This class series meets in-person at the Clubhouse in Ashland.
Tuesday, Apr. 19
Sunday, Apr. 24
Monday, May 2
Tuesday, May 10
Monday, May 16
Tuesday, May 24
Register**All major credit cards and checks accepted. Fill in your info below, then select your payment method from the drop down where it says 'Pay With' below. If you would like to pay with Cash or Check, select 'Pay Offline' and we will contact you to arrange payment.
Bookings are closed for this event.