Dates01/05/2022 - 02/18/2022
Cultivating body awareness and confidence through healthy body care and positive attitudes.
Body Care Basics brings awareness to the importance and value of healthy physical body connection and care and how self-esteem affects how youth feel about their bodies. We examine the ways media and society present messages that can challenge body confidence and learn skills and techniques to boost and protect body connection, body confidence and self-image.
Topics Discussed Include
- Basic body care
- What about privacy and why it is so important
- Body confidence smashers and builders
- What about makeup?
- Self-esteem boosters
- The Self-Esteem Stairway
- Body Confidence Meter
- Creating Body Intentions
- The Great and Hard Things About Being a 6th Grader
- Time Together at home: Parenting adults and youth discuss and share body topics such as makeup and body care routines and product safety
- Class Size: 6-8 students
- Session Structure: 6 classes, 1½ hours each, once or twice/week on rotating days
- Includes: 1.5 hour virtual parent education Meeting
- Cost: $275
Monday, January 3, 6:30pm-8:00pm
At least one parent or guardian must attend the Zoom parent meeting in order for the student to participate in classes.
All classes are from 3:45-5:15
This session of classes is taught by Karen O’Dougherty.
Classes are held in-person in the Clubhouse in Ashland. Masks are required.
Wednesday, January 5
Tuesday, January 11
Thursday, January 13
Friday, January 21
Tuesday, February 8
Friday, February 18
Register**All major credit cards and checks accepted. Fill in your info below, then select your payment method from the drop down where it says 'Pay With' below. If you would like to pay with Cash or Check, select 'Pay Offline' and we will contact you to arrange payment.
Bookings are closed for this event.